Friday, October 30, 2009

Spoils of a Blustery Day

It is the beginning of autumn in the northern hemisphere. The air is crisp, the sun is low, and everything is dry. For southern California, it is simply the beginning of a cooler summer with more wind and fire danger. Some trees change colors and lose their leaves, but most stay the same, clinging to the hope that water will fall from the sky in a few months or lounging in the luxury of consistent irrigation.
The fruits in the photo are part of my edible collection; spoils of an expedition down the street on a particularly blustery day. Free avocados... a thing I shall miss should I ever move away from SoCal country.

1 comment:

  1. I do miss it.
    Do you remember the weekend when I was staying over, we went to the store to get items to make dinner and we decided we were going to gather avocados from the street...except that one of us called them Guacamoles on accident? =P We were cracking up.
    I sure miss you all.

    ReplyDelete