Monday, November 30, 2009

Rhymes From my Youth - This Tear

I found a pile of my old poetry and lead sheets the other day and wanted to share some of this collection with y'all.

Like a bead of glass, this tear roles down his face
Hurling toward the ground, it shatters unseen space
Drifting down we come, covered with this fragrance
Floating up again, we get another chance
At life

This tear is a multitude of sorrow
Yet filled with a world of endless joy
This tear is the sharp caress of death
But this tear is the promise of new life

Suspended in air, it swells like a tempest
Between the eyes of man and the sky is where I will rest
That's where I'll rest

This tear is a melody of anguish
This is the consequence of liberty
This tear is at the boiling point of failure
But this tear is dancing with victory

No comments:

Post a Comment